Monday, December 3, 2007

Hello December!

Can you believe it's already December? I'm pretty sure yesterday we were in August! (Except for the snow we got yesterday) LOL. I am so looking forward to the holidays. Just so you all know, I am not expecting a gift this year. It has been a tough year and there will be no gifts from me. :( I will be sending the adorable Gabriel Mitchell, via Christmas card, though. :)

So let me ask a question. Have you ever increased your income (by job or whatever) and you're thinking, "Great! Now I can afford....?" But you end up being as broke as always and you wonder how you ever made it before? LOL. Why is that? One of life's mysteries....

So, I have this apartment now and I am earning credit with the furniture I bought when I moved in (Sectional, Mattress set, and Dining room table). I got a great deal on all of it and I have no interest until 2010. My payments are really low, which is awesome. However, I don't have a matching bedroom set. My mattress is on the floor and my dresser and armoire are mismatched. But, lo and behold, I saw a commercial at a different furniture store for no payments, no interest and no down payment until 2010. I was thinking, "This was made just for me!" So, I went and checked it out yesterday. But, to get that exact deal, you have to spend $3,500. NO WAY! I mean, of course it'd be fun to do, but not realistic. But, I checked out other options and found another great deal that would work for me. So, I went downstairs to see what I could find. I came across the Glasgow collection, which I adore, but I think all the furniture there is made cheap. Bummer. I'd really enjoy getting a new bedroom set! We will see. I am having my decision-maker (my mom) come with me this week and give me her opinion. I feel a need for a second opinion on big things like this!


Of course, my mattress is taller, so I think it will look better than the picture. What do you think? I like it! I will let you know what happens!

2 comments:

whoami? said...

OH MY GOD CASSIE THAT IS SO YOU. It would look so cute in your room with maybe a clean linen candle or maybe you could get really wild and burn two clean linen candles, hop in bed and turn on some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAsoLm1Ges

Ha, just being a clown. The song is good though, its got a nice feel to it. Im sure you won't like it because its not rap, but hey I understand we all can't have great music taste. You have turned into quite the stranger but its all good. Just thought I would drop yah a line and say hello

FYI- the song wouldnt paste as a link so you need to copy it and paste to if to find out what great music I have blessed your blog with! If you already knew that well now you know twice.

Jacque said...

ok, so I've been married 18 years and still have my husbands mismatched set from when he was growing up. We decided we will get a new one after we have saved the money for it...if you can save the money for it...then you can afford it....if you can't you can't :) (Of course my kids all have had at least one if not two new bedroom sets...