Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Day at the Doctor's

So, today, I got the Implanon.

It's a plastic stick that's inserted into the arm as a form of contraceptive that lasts three years. It's pretty neat. I think the needle will leave a nice scar b/c it was HUGE (no I didn't watch). And then after that, I went to the immunzations part of the hospital and received Gardasil. For all you young ladies out there under the age of 26, you NEED to get this! It's very important. It helps prevent HPV, which can cause cervical cancer. It is a 3-step process within an eight month period. Doctors say this is the biggest breakthrough for young women in a long time. So, remember to check it out, if not for you, for the young women in your life.

Anyways, Gabe went to school as tigger today. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture. We were at "Ganny's" house last night and he says, "Ganny, can you put my outfit on?" I thought he was referring to his cowboy outfit. I was pleasantly surprised when he came out riding a horse (Ganny) in his tigger outfit. It's just orange and black striped fleece pants and a zip up jacket that has a hood with ears. When he walked into school, Ms. Nancy was ga-ga over the outfit and so were the kids. Can you imagine 15 3-yr-olds all asking questions at the same time? "Are you a lion?", "Tigger!", "Why are you wearing that?", "What toy did you bring today?" and all the others that I couldn't quite make out. It was very amusing.

Other than that, not much news here. I work at the gym tonight and tomorrow night as usual and then the weekend is here. YAY! Oh and I don't think that I will be losing any weight this week. I had a meal from Burger King for breakfast and it was totally worth it! Just to sum it up for all of you, I quit smoking in July and have gained 11 lbs since then. Eating has taken on a whole new meaning and I had forgotten how much I love junk food! Hopefully, I will gain some self-control shortly!

P.S. The sun is kind of out today. I mean, it looks brighter outside, but it's still cloudy. Supposedly, it is going to warm up at the end of the week! YAY! The snow will melt just in time for more to fall early next week!

1 comment:

Krishana said...

Haha. I wish you got a pic of that! Too cute!