Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Been A While

I know I haven't posted in a while. I've had a lot going on. First of all, I wanted to update everyone with the Von Maur situation. The community has been awesome in helping the families of the victims heal. United Way has set up a fund for all the victims and their immediate families. Caring people, along with companies here in Omaha, have helped the families tremendously with their donations. If you are interested in donating also, please visit www.vonmaur.com (couldn't get that to come up as a link).
I went to the mall yesterday with Gabe and we brought eight white flowers, one for each of the people that died, and a card with a wonderful quote. I let Gabe find a good spot for them and we laid them outside on the steps to the store. A lady came over to me in tears and said, "We just put down those same flowers in purple tissue paper, too." I didn't know what to say, so we just stood there in silence and stared at the growing memorial.



Here is a picture of a Christmas tree in the food court. People from and around Omaha have decorated it with their handmade snowflakes with messages to the families of the victims.

It is so very sad but Omaha has really come together to comfort one another. I heard on the radio yesterday that Von Maur is supposed to open tomorrow, but I haven't been able to confirm that. When I visited the store yesterday, there were signs letting people know that they are working on getting it open again, but didn't give a date that they plan to do so.

On a lighter note, I woke up this morning and discovered the hallway light was on. I opened my bedroom door and saw the bathroom light was on also. I went into the bathroom and this is what I found.






On the other hand, the Christmas party for my work is this Sunday (maybe so it doesn't get out of control!) and I just got my dress last night. I am pretty excited about it. I am hoping to lose like three pounds before then so that the dress fits a little better (hey, I had to compromise with the size-there wasn't much of a selection!). I will try to get some pics so that I can post them. Ok, well gotta go! TTYL XOXO

P.S.- Look for Christmas cards from us in the mail-maybe we can get those sent out this week!

No comments: