Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Official

(I meant to write this in my blog last night, but wanted to add a pic that I didn't have at the time)

Our Von Maur store will be reopening Thursday! There will be a ceremony inside the mall before the store opens at 10am. After the ceremony, the public is invited to help take down the memorials. The Douglas County Historical Society will be there to preserve all the items until it is decided what will be done with them. I am so excited that they decided to open again and just in time for Christmas! It is unknown at this time whether or not the third floor will be open to the public (that's where it all happened).
As of Monday, the United Way has gathered more than $312,000 from Aflac ($100,000), local business, generous people, and also from 33 states for the victims and their families. Woo hoo!
Also, I wanted to post this picture. I think it is absolutely beautiful. For those of you out of state, the store can be seen from the interstate and is so pretty and peaceful. Looking at it from afar, glowing with Christmas lights, you would never think such a thing could ever occur here.

I think the beauty of it is heightened by the falling snow...neat, huh?

As for the home life, we went on a boot hunt last night and what do you know....they are almost sold out of every size of every boot. Geesh. Doesn't anyone procrastinate anymore?! LOL. I thought these boots from Target were adorable, but apparently cute isn't cool...

Can you picture Gabe sporting these? Well, I guess we will keep hunting for the "perfect" pair of snow boots (even though he will be grown out of them next year!) And yes, I am aware that the frog ones are rain boots, but they would have gotten the job done and been cute at the same time!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Yes your picture is beautiful...sad yet beautiful